What's new?

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bibliophillia/Bibliomania (?)




Every people have their own hobby. They can do it everytime they want,maybe in the spare time or while they doing their job. It’s really fun if we can do all of our hobbies in a whole day :)
Actually I interest with many things. I love listen to the musics,whatever the genre,as my ears can accept it well I will listen it. I love writing since I was in Elementary School and with writing I can tell everything I felt,what’s inspire me today,and it’s really good to heal my mood when I felt really bad :p But mostly, I love B O O K S!! yaay!!! :D
I don’t know why,but it’s guilty pleasure for me to hunt and collect books,especially when I got some rare books. I always say “YES!!” if my dad asked me to accompany him to book store, because it means that I will get some new books,hahaaa :D Oh, and I prefer to attending books fair than come to a crowded basketball match. Maybe some people said that I’m geek,freak,but..here I am!
One day I was surfing the internet and found some terms for my hobby collecting and reading books. The first is Bibliophillia,a term to an individual who loves books. More commonly referred to as a bookworm, the individual loves books for their content, or otherwise loves reading. Then I found Bibliomania, an obsessive–compulsive disorder involving the collecting or hoarding of books to the point where social relations or health are damaged. Bibliomania is characterized by the collecting of books which have no use to the collector nor any great intrinsic value to a genuine book collector.
Fortunately I always buy books which I have interest on it. I think it’s useless if I have a book but never read it. But if someone give me a book,whatever the genre,I will accept it happily. I don’t need spend my own money for this thing,right? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment